UPSC CAPF 2020 Exam Pattern
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) designs and releases the CAPF Exam Pattern. UPSC CAPF 2020 exam pattern is similar to the previous year exam pattern. The exam is held in offline mode. The exam consists of 3 levels which are a Written Exam, Medical Test and Interview/ Personality Test.
UPSC CAPF 2020 written exam to be conducted by UPSC has been held on August 9, 2020, and will comprise two papers. Timing for Paper I will be from 10 a.m. Morning to 12.00 Noon and Paper II will start from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence (250 Marks)
The questions in this paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions and will be given in both the language English as well as Hindi.
- Paper II: General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension (200 Marks)
The candidate will have the option to choose the medium of writing the Essay component either in English or in Hindi, but in the remaining part of Paper II, there will not be an option, the candidate will have to answer in English only.
NOTE I: UPSC has allowed the candidate to choose language either Hindi or English to write an essay in Paper II
- Candidate should write the answers only in the medium allowed by the UPSC for the different Components as mentioned above.
- Marks will not be awarded if answers are written in a medium except the medium allowed in the Paper.
- Candidates will have to mention the medium of Essay component in the Attendance Lists and on the Answer Book.
- Candidate must be careful while mentioning language either English or Hindi on Attendance List and Answer Book;
- It should be the same as the language Essay Component is written; in case answering language and mentioning language is not the same, no mark will be awarded for this part of the test.
NOTE-II: There will be minimum qualifying marks separately in each Paper as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion. Passing in Paper-I will qualify for evaluation of Paper-II; therefore, minimum qualifying marks will have to be obtained in Paper I for next round.
NOTE-III: Negative Marking Scheme will be applied to Paper-1. Marks 1/3 or 33% of Marks assigned to the Question for which the Wrong Answer is given. Suppose Mark assigned to a Question is 6 then on the wrong answer – 1/3 or 33% of 6 i.e. 2 marks will be deducted.
Here are the highlights of the CAPF Exam Pattern for your reference:
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Mode of UPSC CAPF 2019||Offline – Pen Paper Based|
|Number of Questions||Not Standardised|
|Maximum Marks||Written Test – 450 Marks Interview / Physical Test – 150 Marks|
|Duration of UPSC CAPF 2019||Written Test – Total 5 hours Paper 1 – 2 hours Paper 2 – 3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||1 section in Paper 1 2 sections in Paper 2|