Current Affairs 15-07-2018
- 1. Recently, Raghunath Mohapatra was nominated as a member of Rajya Sabha by President Ramnath Kovind. Mohapatra is related to which of the following fields?
[C] Agriculture Research
[D] Bengali Cinema
- The Kutchi New Year is celebrated as which of the following?
[B] Bestu Varas
[C] Bishuva Sankranti
[D] Aashadhi Beej
- ‘I am not afraid of English’ initiative has been launched by which state recently?
- Under which of the following international organizations, the “Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration” has been finalized recently?
[A] United Nations
[B] International Refugee Organization
[C] Refugees International
[D] None of the above
- World’s largest visa centre has been opened in which of the following cities recently?
- Which country has taken the seat vacated by United States at the UN Human Rights Council?
[B] South Africa
- Bansagar Dam project is a joint venture between which of these three states?
[A] Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar
[B] Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan
[C] Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand
[D] Jharkhand, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh
- Recently, ISRO successfully tested the high thrust version of the Vikas Engine at its Propulsion Complex (IPRC) in Tamil Nadu’s Mahendragiri. Vikas Engine is a useful liquid rocket engine powering which of the following?
[C] GSLV Mk-III
[D] All of Above
- As per the Census 2011 data, 24,821 people in India have registered Sanskrit as their mother tongue (in comparison to 14,135 in Census 2001). In which of the following states of India, Sanskrit is an official language?
[C] Madhya Pradesh
- United Nations’ World Youth Skills Day is observed on which of the following dates?
[A] 15 July
[B] 16 July
[C] 17 July
[D] 18 July