What is SSC Stenographer Exam?
Table of Contents
SSC Stenographer is a national level Competitive Entrance Exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of Grade C and Grade D jobs. SSC invites candidates for the recruitment of Stenographer Grade C & D in a General Central Service Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ Non-Gazetted post in various Central Government Ministries/Departments, in different States & Union Territories.
SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2019: Important Dates
The SSC Stenographer C and D 2019 exam dates have been announced by conducting authority on the official website with a PDF link. You can check here the following important dates for the examination process.
|SSC Stenographer Online Application||22nd October 2018|
|Last Date to Apply for SSC Stenographer||19th November 2018|
|Admit Card Download Date||29 January 2019|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2019||5th Feb – 7th February 2019|
|SSC Stenographer C & D Result||15th April 2019 (Tentative)|
|Skill Test Date||Not Announced|
Before applying SSC Stenographers exam for Grade C & D candidates should check the following eligibility criteria:
1. Age Limit: For Grade C, the age should be between 18 to 30 years as on 01.01.2019. For Grade D, the required age is 18 to 27 years. The Date of Birth will be considered as per High-school or equivalent documents. Reserved categories will get age relaxation benefits according to the Government’s Rule & Regulations.
2. Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 (12th) exam/HSC or its equivalent degree from a recognized University or Board.
You can learn more about the SSC Steno eligibility criteria with detailed information here.
How to Apply SSC Stenographer Application Form online?
- Visit the official website ssc.nic.in.
- Go to the Registration link and click on it.
- Now fill the One Time Registration (OTR) form.
- Enter your valid details as personal & professional in the form.
- Upload your scanned photo, signature & required certificate during the process.
- Once the registration is successfully done, you will be shared registration ID and password on registered mobile number and email-id.
- The registered members will then be able to sign in on the official website.
- Enter your verified details (As per certificate/documents) for form registration.
- Attach scanned photo and signature.
- Check all the fields in the application form to proceed.
- Submit the Application Form.
- Save it and get a print out for future reference.
What is SSC Stenographer 2019 Syllabus & Exam Pattern?
As per the latest pattern of SSC Stenographer 2019, the exam will be conducted in an online mode with objective type questions and it will have three different sections viz General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, and General English. Find below the detailed syllabus & exam pattern.
|S. No.||Subject||Questions||Marks||Time Duration||Time Duration (Visually Handicapped)|
|1||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours||2 Hours & 40 Minutes|
General Intelligence & Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal type)
- Non-Verbal Series
- Verbal & Figure Classification
- Problem Solving
- Number Series
- Relationship Concepts
- Similarities & Differences
- Discriminating Observation
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Space Visualization
- Decision Making
- Visual Memory
- Current Events
- India & its neighboring countries – Geography, History, Culture, Sports, General Polity, Economic Scene
- Basic understanding and concepts of English
- Writing Ability
- Sentence Structuring
- Synonyms & Antonyms