CAPF 2020 Eligibility
UPSC CAPF 2020 Eligibility
Table of Contents
Eligibility criteria for UPSC CAPF 2020 are based on some factors like age, nationality, gender, academic qualification, physical standard and number of attempts. Each factor of eligibility criteria for UPSC CAPF 2020 is as follows:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian National. If Central Government gives consent in writing for the rules of appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan nationals, candidates from these countries will be eligible for UPSC CAPF 2020.
- Gender: Male and Female the candidates are eligible for UPSC CAPF 2020 and appointment to the post of Central Armed Police Force.
- Age Limits:
|Age Limits||Minimum 20 Years Born earlier than August 2, 1994
Maximum 25 Years Born later than August 1, 1999
|Relaxation in Age Limits||Reserved Category: ST / SC – 5 Years Relaxation in Age Limit|
|Reserved Category: OBC – 3 Years Relaxation in Age Limit|
|Civilian Central Govt. Servant: 5 Years Relaxation in Age Limit|
|Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from
January 1, 1981, to December 31, 1990 – 5 Years Relaxation in Age Limit
- Educational Qualifications: A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (B.Com / B.A. / B.Sc / B.Tech / BBA etc) from University recognised, incorporated and founded under the rules of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions / universities / founded by Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956.
- Constraint on re-attempting for candidates who have been selected earlier: A candidate who got selected in an earlier exam to the post of CAPF in any of the forces participating in UPSC CAPF (Assistant Commandants) exam will not be permitted to appear at a subsequent UPSC CAPF exam for Assistant Commandants in the participating CAPFs.
- Physical Standards: Candidates must meet the prescribed Physical and Medical Standards for admission to UPSC CAPF Exam, 2020.