Current Affairs 21-08-2018
- The International team of scientists has recently cracked the genetic code of which cultivated crop for the first time?
- At the 2018 World Hindi Conference (WHC), the Panini Language Laboratory has been gifted by Government of India (GoI) to which country?
[B] South Africa
- Which Indian sportsperson has clinched India’s first Gold in the 18th Jakarta Asian Games 2018?
[B] Bajrang Punia
[C] Apurvi Chandela
[D] Neeraj Chopra
- Kofi Annan was from which African country?
[D] South Africa
- What is the scientific name of the deadly agricultural pest “Fall Armyworm”, which has been spotted in Telangana?
[B] Heteronychus arator
[C] Spodoptera frugiperda
[D] Mythimna convecta
- FSSAI has constituted which expert committee to look into draft of Food Safety and Standards (Labelling and Display) Regulations 2018?
[B] B Sesikeran committee
[C] Hemalatha committee
[D] Nikhil Tandon committee
- On which date, the 2018 World Photography Day (WPD) was observed recently?
[B] August 19
[C] August 18
[D] August 20
- Which of the following is the 2018 World Humanitarian Day (WHD) theme?
- The Union Government has proposed to set up which committee to suggest changes to the JEE (Advanced) examination?
[B] Abhay Karandikar committee
[C] Vineet Joshi committee
[D] Bhaskar Ramamurthy committee
- The Amnesty International India has launched which campaign to create awareness among children to identify sexual abuse?
[B] Our Safety, Our Rights
[C] Goals Set
[D] Safety is in Your Hands