IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
Table of Contents
Candidate must fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Should be a citizen of India OR
- Must be subject of Nepal or Bhutan OR
- Should be a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India OR
- Should be a person of Indian origin who has migrated from other countries (Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam) with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
Age Limit As On August 2019:
To apply for the Probationary Officer post candidate be minimum 20 years and maximum of 30 years.
Relaxation in the upper age limit:
- For SC/ST: 5 Years
- For OBC: 3 Years
- For PWD: 10 Years
- Domiciled in J&K during the period 01/01/1980 – 31/12/1989: 5 Years
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) – 5 Years
- Applicant/candidate should have a degree in any discipline from a recognized university of India or any of its equivalent qualification recognized by the central government.
- Candidate should have a valid marks sheet/degree certificate, which should indicate that he/she is a graduate on the day he/she registered.
- While registering online the candidate is required to mention the marks obtained in the graduation.