About NDA (Nation Defence Academy) Exam
The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force and take training. NDA is basically organised for those students who are interested in Army. NDA basically means National Defense Academy. NDA Exam is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission), New Delhi.
Recently UPSC has publish the NDA 2016 exam Notification. According to 2016 exam notification NDA exam is going to held on 17th April 2016. If you are looking for NDA Coaching in Chandigarh then Chandigarh academy is best option for you. Contact us at 9915337448 for more information of NDA Coaching
Eligibility Criteria for NDA Exam
As Per Guidelines & rules a Candidate who wants to appear in this exam must between the Ager criteria of 16.5 years to 19 years only. The candidates either they are passed out their +2 exam or appearing in +2 Exam are eligible to sit in the Examinations.
NDA Exam pattern and Syllabus
NDA Exam is a mixture of 2 Different Paper of 900 Marks generally known as Paper-1 for Math Portion & Paper-2 for General ability Portion. Paper 1 holds the Mathematics Part of +1 & +2 level for which time limit is only of 2.5 hours & it contains 300 marks. Paper -2 holds the General Ability Test & has same time limit of 2.5 hours but it consists of 600 marks. Combining these written exam becomes of 900 marks.
Basically the NDA Exam conducted by UPSC. UPSC conducts NDA (National Defence Academy) Exam in Two Stages.
- Written Examination
- Written Examination: In Written Exam there are 2 subjects include, One is Maths and Another one is General Ability. Each subject or Exam is given between the time limit of Two and Half hours (2 ½ Hours).
- Maths Exam score is total 300 and General Ability exam of Maximum 600 marks.
- Objective type of questions will be asked in this Exam.
- The NDA Exam is published in Hindi and English both language.
- Only qualified students can appear in this part and will be calling for Interview process.
- This interview is conducted by SSB (Service selection board).
- In interview the candidates will be put to Intelligence Tests both Verbal and Non Verbal Tests based knowledge to assess their intelligence.
- Group Discussions, Group Planning, Outdoor Group Tasks, and asked to give Brief Lectures on Specified Subjects can also conducted while in this section.
This Portion consists of chapters like
- Matrices & Determinants
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus.
This Portion Consists of English & General Knowledge.
English: The question paper in English is to judge the candidate’s ability to understand English.
Grammar: The syllabus includes various parts like: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
General Knowledge: This Section will cover the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.