What is SSC CGL?
Table of Contents
SSC CGL is the short term of “Combined Graduate Level“, the most popular government job exam in India. Every year around 30-40 lakhs eligible candidates fill the application form and around 15-20 lakh aspirants appear in the exam. The final shortlisted & selected candidates get the opportunity to work in ministry & various government departments in India.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2020-21: Important Dates
As per SSC CGL notification 2018 & SSC exam calendar, below are the important dates of SSC CGL 2018, SSC CGL 2020 exam-
|SSC CGL Notification 2020||15th Sept 2020|
|SSC CGL Notification 2020 Date||15th Sept 2019|
|SSC CGL Apply Online 2020||Sept 2020|
|Last date to Apply for SSC CGL 2020||15th Oct 2020|
|SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1 Exam Date||2nd March 2020 to 11th March 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 2019 Exam Date||22nd June 2020 to 25th June 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Date||–|
SSC CGL Application Fee
|Male (General/OBC)||Rs. 100/-|
|Female (All Categories)||No Fee|
SSC CGL Eligibility
1. Educational Qualifications
Candidates should have a graduate degree on or before 01.08.2019. Candidates, those are in the final year of graduation can also apply for SSC CGL with their provisional degrees.
A). Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
- Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters I Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics
B). Junior Statistical Officer
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level OR
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the core subjects at degree level
2. Age Limit
SSC has increased the age limit for SSC CGL recruitment 2020, though the age varies from post to post. The minimum age limit defined for SSC CGL is 27 years and the maximum age limit criteria are 32 years.
Post Wise Age Limit
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement,
Department of Revenue
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog.
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||10 years|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
Check Your Age Eligibility
|Age Limit||Date of Birth|
|18-27 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|20-27 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|20-30 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|30 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|32 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1986 and not later than 01.August.2000|
How to Apply for SSC CGL 2020?
To apply the application form for SSC CGL exam through the online mode, you must follow the steps below:
- Register on the official website of SSC CGL through a valid email ID.
- Payment required through the online process (Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/Wallets).
- Only valid information should be filled.
- You must download a copy of scanned photograph & signature for future requirements.
- Click Submit button for application form submission.
- Now take the print out of the application form.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2020
- Four sections (General Awareness, Reasoning, English and Quantitative Aptitude) are asked in both Tier 1 and Tier 2. The syllabus of the English section is different for Tier 1 and Tier 2, rest all the three sections are the same for Tier 1 as well as for Tier 2.
- SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is for 60 minutes containing 25 Questions each from General Awareness, Reasoning, English and Quantitative Aptitude. Each correct answer will fetch you +2 marks and each wrong answer will give you -0.50 marks.
- In SSC CGL Tier 2, 4 papers are conducted from which Paper 1 and Paper 2 are compulsory for all the aspirants who cleared Tier 1 exam. Paper 3 and Paper 4 are only for those candidates who filled up for the specific posts.
- Find here the detailed syllabus & exam pattern of SSC CGL.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
Reasoning & General Intelligence
|General Mental Ability||Non-Verbal Reasoning|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
English Language & Comprehension
SSC CGL Cut Off
|Category||SSC CGL Cut off 2017 Tier 1||SSC CGL Cut Off 2016 Tier 1||Cut Off 2015 Tier 1||Cut Off 2014 Tier 1|