Current Affairs 14-08-2018
- Justice Manjula Chellur, who has been appointed as new chairperson of Appellate Tribunal for Electricity was previously chief justice of which high court?
[B] Punjab & Haryana High Court
[C] Bombay High Court
[D] Gujarat High Court
- India’s first genetic bank for wildlife conservation has been inaugurated in which city?
- On which date, the 2018 World Elephant Day (WED) was observed recently?
[B] August 14
[C] August 12
[D] August 15
- Which city hosted the Nepal-India Literature Festival 2018?
[B] New Delhi
- Who has been officially appointed new UN High Commissioner for Human Rights?
[B] Mary Robinson
[C] Ricardo Lagos
[D] Michelle Bachelet
- Which rescue operation has been launched by Indian Army in the flood-hit areas of Kerala?
[B] Operation Sahyog
[C] Operation Surya Hope
[D] Operation Surya Hope
- Which space agency has successfully launched the Parker Solar Probe mission to touch the Sun?
- What was the tenure of Somnath Chatterjee, who passed away recently, as Lok Sabha Speaker?
- Who has become the youngest Indian golfer to claim Asian Tour title at the 2018 Take Solutions Masters?
[B] Viraj Madappa
[C] Shubhankar Sharma
[D] SSP Chawrasia
- Who has been sworn-in as the Chief Justice of the Madras High Court (MHC)?
[B] Mukesh R Shah
[C] R Rajagopal
[D] Vijaya Kamlesh Tahilramani