Current Affairs 18-10-2018
- ICICI was formed in 1955 at the initiative of which International organisation?
[A] World Bank
[C] United Nations
- Who is the author of the book “Half the Night is Gone”, which is shortlisted for The Hindu Prize 2018?
[B] Nidhi Dugar Kundalia
[C] Amish Tripathi
[D] Amitabha Bagchi
- Who has been elected as new Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)?
[B] Nimesh Shah
[C] Kailash Kulkarni
[D] A Balasubramanian
- Who has won the India’s first medal in athletics at the Youth Olympic Games 2018?
[B] Lakshya Sen
[C] Suraj Panwar
[D] Tababi Devi
- The ancient city “Prayaga” was renamed as “Allahabad” by which Mughal emperor?
[D] Shah Jahan
- ‘Swastha Bharat Yatra’ national campaign has been launched for which purpose?
[A] Safe Food
[B] Healthy Drink
[C] Hygienic Locality
[D] Secure Travelling
- “Coming together with those furthest behind to build an inclusive world of universal respect for human rights and dignity”. This was theme of which of the following days?
[A] 2018 International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
[B] 2018 International Day of Rural Women
[C] 2018 International Day of Human Rights
[D] 2018 International Day for Older Persons
- What is the theme of the 2018 World Food Day (WFD)?
[B] Our Actions Are Our Future
[C] Break the Cycle of Rural Poverty
[D] Harvesting nature’s diversity
- Who will lead the Indian delegation at the 12th Asia Europe Meeting (ASEM) summit 2018?
[B] Ram Nath Kovind
[C] Narendra Modi
[D] Venkaiah Naidu
- The festival of Fulpati has recently celebrated in which neighboring country of India?
[C] Sri Lanka