General Studies Coaching in Chandigarh – The standards of excellence followed by Chandigarh Academy ensure that each student who opts for coaching with us feels confident and well prepared for the exam.
Not only do we cover the entire syllabus subject by subject as per UPSC, we also prepare our students with mock tests, previous year question papers and doubt clearing sessions which are conducted each week to monitor each student’s progress. Mock test/ weekly test results are also discussed to pin point where the student may be lacking. This ensures that the students know what to expect in the examination, how to approach the examination, manage time efficiently and get the best possible results.
Please call us on +91-9915109266 for inquiries.
ChandigarhAcademy has GS Experienced and updated faculty teaches students how to handle the Gs examination specifically; they focus on the format and type of questions likely to be asked in the exam. Students can learn many formulae and shortcuts to get quick and accurate answers while attempting the examination. Apart from this, we provide extensively researched study material which helps students to easily access, organise and systematically approach the vast syllabus.
Part A—Preliminary Examination
Paper I ‐ (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography ‐ Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance ‐ Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development ‐ Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio‐diversity and Climate Change ‐ that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
Paper II ‐ (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
Note 1: Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper‐II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
Note 2: The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3: It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination.
Contact us for – GS Coaching in Chandigarh
SCO 54-55, 3rd Floor, Sector 34-A, Chandigarh
Phone No: 9915109266